Drop & Shop
NOTE: On-Going Services require current active participation in at least one other Moneytalk program working toward becoming financially stable.
Exceptions are being made due to COVID-19 until further notice.
The Drop & Shop service is designed to help clients reduce spending on clothing, shoes, and coats for everyone in their family. The Drop & Shop store will allow clients to shop for free in a dignified store-like setting.
Clients will be able to use the funds they would have spent buying clothing toward other bills and debts allowing Moneytalk to support the client without impacting their other benefits.
Goal: 2,500 items
1,348 = Used items donated
371 = New items donated
1,719 = Total items donated
A great volunteer opportunity to clean out your closets. Donate your gently used clothing items that are in good condition and washed.
- Coats, hats, gloves, scarves
- Underwear – only new underwear and socks will be accepted, bras will only be accepted if they are new or high-end (such as Victoria’s Secret, Pink, etc.) and in great condition
- Purses, Wallets
- Jewelry (especially for an interview)
Need items for everyone, regardless of age, gender, size, or season:
NEW items are also welcome, but will be used in the Incentive Store. The Drop & Shop is for used items.
Complete the form on the “contact us” page to coordinate a drop off or pick up of donated items.
Clients will have the opportunity to shop for the clothing items they need in a dignified store-like setting. Items will be available for babies, children, and adults across all sizes and seasons (depending on what has been donated).
There are no limits on how many items a client may purchase at no cost.
The Drop & Shop store will be a dignified opportunity for clients to shop for what they need. Therefore, we will need some items to help with feeling like a store. Keep your eyes and ears open for stores going out of business who might be wanting to sell or donate these types of items. Feel free to contact us to coordinate dropping off or requesting a pick up for any of the following items:
- Display shelving or cubbies for items such as jeans or shoes
- Round stands for hanging clothes such as dresses, shirts, and coats
- Shopping Carts, small size
- A check-out lane – to record and bag the number of items purchased by the client
- Bags to use to pack up items purchased – will eventually want bags with the Drop & Shop logo printed
- Contact us with other ideas of what might be needed
The Drop & Shop store will have many opportunities for volunteers once we have been able to secure our own space. But, there are a few opportunities that can be done now.
Opportunities prior to acquiring our own space: (Check out the design considerations document below)
- Design the Drop & Shop store
- Select colors and flooring (some type of vinyl wood flooring planks style)
- Help gather donations of gently used clothing, shoes, coats, and hangers
Initial Set-up Opportunities (after we have our own space):
- Build the Drop & Shop store
- Install flooring
- Setup display stands, shelving, check out lane, shopping carts, mannequins, etc.
- Organize donations
- Stock the displays with donated items available to purchase
After store is open for business:
- Volunteer for shifts to work the store, restock donations, and check out the clients/customers
- After hours cleaning
- Accepting and recording new donations, sort and prepare them for stocking on the store floor
Use and success of this service will be measured in the following ways:
- Number of individuals or families dropping off items
- Number of items dropped off
- Number of individuals or families shopping for items
- Number of items purchased
The winning logo design: