- Understand difference between a bank and a credit union
- Entering information in a register and the meaning of the running balance
- Depositing money using deposit slip, direct deposit, and ATM
- Withdrawing money using checks, debit cards, ATM, online payments, and automatic payments
- Understanding difference between a debit card and a credit card
- Reconciling your bank account and how to read a bank statement
- Savings accounts and emergency funds
- Understanding how your actual spending and your budget work together
- Best practices and strategies for successful account management
- Workshop ends with a hands on activity (shown in some of the photos)
- Review the workshop materials annually to ensure the information is up to date and complete
- During the workshop, volunteers are needed to help with the workshop activity.
Donor & Sponsorship Opportunities:
- Printing students paychecks, passports, handouts, and workbooks
- Snack items for the bank, grocery store and restaurant activity stations
- Sponsor the workshop and have students practice making purchases from your business (or you can purchase the right to name the business)
- Supplies for the workshop activity such as colorful table coverings, stamps for their passports, stamp pads, and pens
- Sample checkbooks are also needed. If we go through Deluxe (or someone similar) they must be ordered through a bank or credit union. We can get them through VistaPrint Corporate, but have a large initial setup cost as well as the cost of printing the checkbooks.
Opportunities to help your clients and employees:
- Offer a fee waiver, reduced interest loan rate, or other benefit for clients who complete financial workshops or coaching
- Host a workshop at your location for new or youth account holders
- Host a Lunch N Learn, 1/2 day, or full day workshop
- Employee Benefits can be offered to help cover cost of financial workshops and coaching.