Coaching process is working one-on-one helping individuals and couples learn new skills, guide them through the process, and support them getting from where they are to where they want to be.
Future Feature – Individuals and couples participating in coaching will have their monthly payments reported to the credit reporting agencies. This reporting will help to increase their credit score and show recent payment activity.
The first meeting is no cost. This is an opportunity for you to decide if this is what you want before you commit. This is also an opportunity for the coach to determine if coaching is a good fit for you. We will also discuss your goals for participating in coaching.
During each meeting, you will work with your coach to complete a plan of action to help you reach your goals. Your coach is a guide and is focused on teaching the skills needed to be independent.
Changing your personal financial situation takes ongoing one-on-one coaching, focusing on only the pieces that apply to your goals at a pace that works for you. Coaching allows us to customize the process and path for each person’s starting situation and ending goals. Your coach is also your accountability partner and main support resource throughout the coaching process.
The cost is $50 per month for the duration of the Coaching Agreement. Scholarships are available.
A Coaching Agreement is a signed document detailing your commitment to participate, Moneytalk’s commitment to provide coaching services, the length of time you are willing to commit to participating, and the amount to be paid after scholarships are applied.
The Need-Based scholarship is based on a combination of household income compared to basic needs (housing, transportation, food, medical, and utilities) and minimum payments on active debts.
The scholarship award will be either a full scholarship, a half scholarship, or no scholarship.
Yes. There is also an opportunity to earn a half scholarship through volunteer hours.
Financial coaching meetings are typically 2 one-hour meetings per month. If you choose to meet only once, the cost does not change.
Donor & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The coaching process is long. We have found improved success when we are able to provide encouragement, support, accountability, and progress rewards.
- Gift cards for basic needs – groceries, food, gas
- Gift cards for progress rewards – movie gift cards, restaurant gift cards (especially good to give on birthdays and anniversaries), other store gift cards
- Bus pass or prepaid rides (10/10 Taxi, Z-Trip, Uber, or other ride service)
- Small items to be used as encouraging progress awards
- Cash donations to provide support such as – matching savings account increase, financial crisis needs such as housing or utilities
- Funds to support services provided to the client – reporting payments on their credit report, ability to pull credit reports for them, online portal