Services - Parents: Teach Budgeting
Parents TeachYour Children How to Budget workshop includes the following skills depending on the length of the workshop:
- Benefits of creating a budgeting
- Potential budget formats and how to create a format that works for you
- How to get started if you have never created a budget before
- What to do if your income is inconsistent (commission, tips, etc)
- How to prioritize your budget expenses, including separating needs and wants
- Best practices for what to do when you with extra money such as coming in under budget, making more tips than normal, receiving a gift, overtime pay, etc
- Cash Flow Planning
- How to determine when you will have the cash to pay the expense
- How to determine how much to save from each paycheck for larger bills such as rent or mortgage
- Best practices and Strategies for how to stick to your budget
- Workshop includes several activities to do with your child to help them understand the value of money, how their choices can really make a difference, and practice budgeting.
Volunteer Opportunities for school activity:
- Prior to the workshop, volunteers can help with prepping materials and supplies for the workshop.
Donation & Sponsor Opportunities
- Printing worksheets and workbooks
- Donation of candy and treats used in activity
- Donation or reduced cost for lunch during full day workshops
- Host a workshop at your location for new or youth account holders
- Offer a fee waiver, reduced interest loan rate, or other benefit for clients who complete financial workshops or coaching
Budgeting is hard enough for an adult. But, how to get your child, teen, or young adult to understand?
This workshop can be hosted as a Lunch & Learn (45 minutes - an hour in length). The Lunch & Learn includes a worksheet for your staff and team to take notes, 2 activities they can do with their child, 2 strategies for success, and a one page handout.
This workshop can also be completed as a 1/2 day or full day. Both workshops will include the budgeting topic, activities, and a 50 page workbook. The full day workshop also includes cash flow planning and lunch.
Contact us by phone (913-538-1465) or the contact us form to schedule a session for your employees, staff, or team.